Sunday, October 4, 2015

Houston! Great to be home for a few weeks!

Houston! Great to be home for a few weeks!

I go from President-elect to President
The SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) is the big annual meeting for the Society of Petroleum Engineers. This year's Houston meeting was a huge success. I spent less time on the exhibit floor than normal! The SPE Board meeting precedes the ATCE and as the incoming President my schedule is hectic. I will leave out all the committee meetings, filming of videos, teleprompter practices, etc. However, we do have some fun. On Thursday night we had a dinner at the home of Roger Hite, an old friend and incoming Director. My gf has also made many friends on these SPE trips and it was fun for her to see old friends.
large_IMG_5664.jpg
The Board meetings started for me on Wednesday AM and continued in earnest through Sunday. I spoke many times for the Board, as a keynote at the R&D Technical section, at the Presidential luncheon, recording welcoming greetings for various upcoming meetings, speaking to the YPs at their reception, kicking off the Petrobowl, leading the industry advisory board discussion, etc. Helge turned the gavel over to me on Wednesday and I gave my first speech as SPE President.
Along the way I had a LOT of #SPElfies taken and have published over 75 of them here.
Here are a couple for fun. I will add a lot more ATCE 2015 pictures in a separate post.
large_spelff.jpglarge_spelf.jpglarge_2015-09-29_14_13_39.jpglarge_saudi_students.jpglarge_suez.jpglarge_UT_pb.jpg
large_E79B258BD50ED0B9A3E4BD0228D851A8.jpglarge_E79A867AF650A70552466B1664C5ED72.jpglarge_E799CD8EAB80F1194E1D87305BA4D908.jpglarge_E798F07D97F5ED4BDDE0FEE5971A88A6.jpglarge_E79842DEA1FE477EBD387CA96E152DB9.jpg
Finally, as my first act as SPE President I spoke to a Baker Hughes audience for their annual technology awards banquet.
It wouldn't be long for my Presidential year to kick off in full swing as I left for Utah and California the next morning!
Other Blogs
You can of course read about my barbecue at This site
My Baker Hughes reservoir blog is here.
My (old) blog detailing my 18 months in Hong Kong is here,
Travel this trip was just back and forth to downtown so I didn't add any! SPE travel to date 207,193 miles.
Countries to date (my counting rule is basically that I spent the night there with some sort of SPE content...not just went through the airport like New Zealand or Panama): 29
Australia
Austria
Bahrain
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
China
Colombia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Germany
Kuwait
Indonesia
Italy
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
Norway
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Switzerland
Thailand
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (Scotland, England)
USA
Vietnam
Operas this month = 0 Operas to date = 21

No comments:

Post a Comment